- 2 cups full-fat milk powder
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1/2 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- A handful of chopped pistachios and almonds for garnishing
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat and add the ghee to it. Allow it to melt.
- Once the ghee has melted, add the condensed milk to the pan and mix well.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the milk powder gradually, stirring continuously to avoid any lumps from forming.
- Cook the mixture on low heat for about 10-15 minutes until it thickens and starts to leave the sides of the pan. Make sure to keep stirring constantly to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom and burning.
- Add the cardamom powder to the mixture and mix well. This will give a lovely aromatic flavor to the barfi.
- Remove the pan from heat and let the mixture cool for a few minutes until it becomes easy to handle.
- Grease a square or rectangular baking dish or tray with ghee and transfer the mixture into it.
- Use a spatula or the back of a spoon to spread and smoothen the mixture evenly in the dish, ensuring it is compacted.
- Garnish the barfi with the chopped pistachios and almonds, pressing them gently into the surface.
- Allow the barfi to cool completely at room temperature. You can also refrigerate it for a few hours to set it faster.
- Once the barfi has been set, cut it into square or diamond-shaped pieces using a sharp knife.
- Serve and enjoy the delicious Pakistani Barfi!
Note: You can store the barfi in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. Enjoy!