Certainly! Here’s a recipe for Chicken Karahi:
- 1 kg chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 medium-sized onions, finely chopped
- 4-5 tomatoes, pureed
- 2-3 green chilies, sliced
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large, deep pan or karahi over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds and let them crackle for a few seconds.
- Add chopped onions and sauté until they become golden brown.
- Add minced garlic and grated ginger to the pan. Sauté for a minute until fragrant.
- Add chicken pieces to the pan and cook until they are lightly browned on all sides.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Pour this mixture over the chicken in the pan and mix well.
- Add the pureed tomatoes and sliced green chilies to the pan. Mix everything together.
- Cover the pan and let the chicken cook on low heat for about 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and tender. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Once the chicken is cooked, increase the heat to medium and cook uncovered for a few more minutes to reduce any excess liquid and thicken the gravy.
- Sprinkle garam masala powder and black pepper powder over the chicken. Stir well to combine.
- Finally, garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Remove from heat and serve hot with naan, roti, or rice.
Enjoy your delicious Chicken Karahi!